Food Tour Host
Position Type: Contractor, casual basis determined by on-demand bookings
Rates: $25 – $40 per hour
Location: Brisbane and surrounding area
- Do you have a love of food and specifically Brisbane’s food scene you would like to share with others?
- Are you well organised, flexible, outgoing, with a passion for food and sharing your passion?
- Is dealing with people enjoyable for you?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we may have the hosting position that you’ve been looking for! At Delectable Tours, we believe that having the right Food Tour Hosts are essential to creating a memorable experience for our guests. Becoming a Food Tour Host means that you will need to be more than just a tour guide – we ask that you don’t just focus on the logistics, but make it a unique and unforgettable experience for all our guests.
Delectable Tours showcase some of Brisbane’s best food and local produce to visitors and local food lovers alike through its Food Tours.
These Food tours provide a unique way to experience the city and its food culture. Delectable Tours create both set tour packages and completely customised tours personalised to guests tastes and desires with progressive dining experiences.
We go above and beyond to exceed their expectations in customer service, knowledge, passion for what we do and the extent we customise our experiences to meet our guests’ needs.
As a contractor for Delectable Tours, operating as a Food Tour Host, you will:
- Consistently deliver the highest professional customer service and safety standards applicable
- Possess the expertise and resources to competently and safely provide Delectable Tours food tours
- Maintain a professional image and pleasant demeanour at all times
- Be warm, friendly, enthusiastic, confident, and have a caring approach
- Have strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to people of various ages and from different backgrounds; create and build positive and productive relationships
- Run established tour itineraries as close to schedule as possible, making changes only when necessary
Increase the knowledge of our guests about the local food scene, the venues and types of food they will enjoy on a Delectable Tour
- Have the ability to work closely with Delectable Tours staff, and Food Tour venues to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of the guests
- Be mindful of potential opportunities for Delectable Tours, such as new tours or ways to improve itineraries
- Have relevant and current Public Liability Insurance (or be willing to get this)
- Hold a current and valid Queensland Driver Authorisation for General Services Licence (or be willing to get this)
- Comfortable driving a vehicle with up to 11 guests
- Have the right to legally work and operate as a Contractor in Queensland, Australia
Nice to have:
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Relevant tour guide certification, tourism or related studies
- Previous tour guide experience
- Highly knowledgeable about Brisbane and its food scene
What Delectable Tours Offer You
As a contractor running our food tours, you will:
- Receive competitive rates for all hours worked
- Have flexible work hours – you can also choose when and when not to accept tour hosting opportunities
- Receive full support in helping you meet (if necessary) all requirements listed above
- Be a part of showcasing Brisbane’s emerging food scene
- Have the opportunity to take on more tour related responsibilities down the track
Should you require further information please contact Delectable Tours on 0447.420.997
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com