Embark on a scenic journey on this Sunshine Coast Tour through the Hinterland and along the stunning Sunshine Coast. Indulge with local produce and iconic ingredients with additional stops to ensure you can take in the beauty of the region.
What's Included on this Sunshine Coast Tour?
- Welcome pack with delicious treats and refreshments to help you enjoy your journey
- Visit to a plantation and local produce store in the Glasshouse Mountains where they are creating a plant-to-cup coffee experience, along with producing their own honey. *N.B. at times this stop may be changed to another farm depending on availability
- Morning tea of cakes and hot beverages
- Guided wine tasting
- Local produce and cheese platters with wine
- Visit to a well renowned fish market
- Enjoy a shared seafood lunch or individual mains with sides and wine
- Additional stops along the way to ensure you can take in the beauty of the Sunshine Coast
- Transport for the experience, including pickup and drop off at your desired location (surcharge will be charged for locations 20kms outside of the Brisbane CBD)
- Local Tour Host to lead your group, share valuable knowledge, and ensure you have the best experience possible
- Non-alcoholic refreshments
The farm-to-table, paddock-to-plate, or fork-to-plate movement may have different names, but all form a part of the movement and resurgence towards reducing our food miles and knowing where our food comes from.
The Sunshine Coast Hinterland is one of the state’s best regions to experience this movement with lush farming land dotted throughout the Hinterland and a strong desire for organic farming.
On this Sunshine Coast tour, you’ll experience seafood fresh from the trawler mere metres away from where you’ll dine.
During this Sunshine Coast tour, you’ll get a sensational meal made up of 4 – 6 different dishes, plus some other tastings, 3 – 6 wine tastings, wine at 2 stops (or other beverages if preferred).
It is a full-day driving tour through the Glass House Mountains, Sunshine Coast Hinterlands and Sunshine Coast.
During the day, you’ll experience some great places that best represent different facets of the region’s farm-to-table food scene, with plenty to see and learn along the way, and a friendly local guide and host.
You’ll experience four very different venues, highlighting both the laidback and friendly nature of the Sunshine Coast.
- Plantation and Local Produce store *or other farm
- Local Winery and Restaurant
- Seafood market
- Relaxed Seafood Restaurant Overlooking the Water
You’ll enjoy a variety of carefully selected wines (some made by you :)), or other beverage pairings if desired, chosen to enhance the flavours of the food.
You’ll enjoy a variety of produce that the Sunshine Coast region is renowned for, including:
- Sub-tropical fruits,
- Cheeses, and
- Seafood, as well as some lesser known ones that may well surprise you!
Experience a local plantation and farm and experience the fruits of its labour.
Taste your way through some Queensland made wines and experience the uniqueness of our lesser known wine industry.
Savour a paddock to plate platter of locally grown and produced meats, vegetables and cheeses, whilst sipping on wine and savouring the view.
Enjoy some of the Sunshine Coast’s best seafood fresh from the trawler.
- You’ll be guided on a journey of the Sunshine Coast’s early settlement and food history, the stories behind the area and the places you’ll visit.
- Learn first-hand from both your host and venues how and why the Sunshine Coast produces exceptionally good farm-to-table produce.
- Discover more about the specific towns you’ll visit and some of the hidden, as well as popular foodie spots to visit.
- Local tips and recommendations.
You’ll See, Taste and Explore.
- Drive through the Glass House Mountains National Park.
- Take in the views of the Glass House Mountains and Sunshine Coast from an excellent vantage point.
- Explore both a hinterland and coastal town, whilst experiencing some of their best produce.
- Take in the beauty of the Sunshine Coast beaches from driving, dining and walking along them.
Frequently Asked Questions
We love being able to surprise guests with our full menu on the day, and if often changes based on seasonal menus and produce, as well as dietary requirements and tastes. However, if you are curious, please email [email protected] for a current example menu.
All dietary requirements will be catered to, however, they must be arranged prior to a tour. You will be asked about any dietary requirements upon confirming your booking and it is your responsibility to inform us of them.
All dietary requirements will be given to the venues to ensure appropriate catering it provided.
No, by running small group experiences, we are able to pick you up from your hotel or accommodation.
Please note, surcharges may apply if you require a pick up or drop off further than 10 km from the CBD.
Pick up usually is about 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, however, you will receive confirmation with a scheduled time after your booking is made.
How do we know they are some of the best places around?
We’ve tried them! And, we get to try a lot of places in our line of work. Plus, they are highly regarded by the community of foodies who have also visited them and left glowing reviews.
This tour will run with a minimum of 1 person.
No matter your group size, we’ll ensure it is personalised for you.
If you are interested in doing this tour as a larger group, please contact us to arrange a your tour.
No, please email to arrange a special menu based on what you would like to have. Depending on this, we may be able to reduce the price of your ticket. Perhaps, you don’t want any alcoholic drinks, or maybe you don’t like wine, or perhaps you’re a champagne or beer only kind of person. Please email [email protected] to determine the best option for you.
Venues are predominately wheelchair friendly or can be altered if necessary and all disabled persons are encouraged to join this tour.
Food is included at three venues and four stops (as well as in your goodie bag you will receive in the vehicle) on this particular experience. It will consist of a small tasting, as well as 5 – 6 various shared dishes. Overall, you will have morning tea and a two course lunch. Your ticket also includes non-alcoholic beverages, 3- 6 wine tastings and 2 – 3 other wine varieties (shared bottles which means more than 1 drink per person) or other beverages.
Yes, we allow children on all privately booked tours.
We are currently only offering private tours, so you can just go ahead and book as usual.
To reschedule, please contact us at your earliest convenience on +61 447.420.997. Tours rescheduled within 48 hours or less of the original booking will incur a $50 change fee. Tours rescheduled prior to this time will not incur a fee.
If you arrive for a tour and are deemed unwell or have COVID19 symptoms, the host has the right to refuse service and must insist that anyone with these symptoms does not enter the vehicle or commence a tour.
Refunds will be made via the same format and account that the purchases were made with. Refunds will be processed within 7 days of cancellation.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re doing all we can to ensure the health and safety of our customers.
Looking after our customers and ensuring they feel as comfortable as possible is our primary focus, so we are also making a few changes.
These include ensuring our hosts are trained in all the new requirements and procedures to ensure risks are mitigated as much as possible, only offering vehicle-led tours for private groups at this stage to minimise the amount of contact with others, limiting the number of people in our vehicles to approximately one to every two seats to provide some distancing between guests, as well as a number of other precautions. You can view our full COVID safety plan here.